Do you want to start your legal career with Australia’s largest retailer?
At Woolworths we are a team of great people connected through our passion for retail and our “Customer first - Team first” approach.
In the Woolworths Legal team you will develop the skills to apply the law in every imaginable commercial context. You will work alongside a dynamic team of lawyers advising one of Australia’s Top 10 publicly listed companies on the most interesting commercial legal issues in the country.
Being mentored and coached by Senior Lawyers with extensive top tier and in-house experience, you will rotate through various legal teams supporting our diverse brands. You will be integral to providing legal services across Commercial, Consumer, Property, IT, Litigation and Competition Law.
What you’ll learn and experience
We provide a unique career and development pathway for graduates in the rapidly growing in house legal sector. Our graduates work alongside our highly experienced General Counsel and Lawyers who advise on the most interesting and complex legal issues in Corporate Australia.
We have entered into an exciting association with Ashurst, a global, market leading commercial firm. We support our graduates through the College of Law as part of the extended Ashurst Graduate cohort, provide opportunities for reverse secondments and participation in shared professional development programs.
The Legal Graduate program is a 2-year program based in Sydney.
A Bachelor of Laws is an essential requirement.
You will be provided with:
- 2-years fixed term employment
- A structured graduate program with mapped rotations and learning outcomes
- A robust learning program
- Mentoring and coaching by our General Counsel and Senior Lawyers
- A competitive remuneration package
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Passionate about retail and our customers
- Ambitious and keen to succeed
- A desire to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
- An eagerness to develop and learn
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- A collaborative work style
- Disciplined and driven to achieve results
- Experience working in retail is preferred
- In your final year of study or have recently completed an undergraduate Law degree (within 2 years).
- You have the flexibility to work full time from the program start date, February 2021.
- You are a Permanent Resident or Australian / NZ citizen as at the date of application
- Willing to relocate to the host state/location of your program if currently living interstate/international
Benefits of joining Woolworths Legal Services
- Develop fundamental legal, commercial and client relationship skills working as part of our collegiate in-house team;
- Partner with clients across every part of Woolworths, one of Australia’s top 10 ASX listed companies;
- Collaborate with, and learn from, highly experienced lawyers working on a diverse range of matters and projects;
- Experience rotations through our business aligned and specialist legal teams.
Applications close 10 September 2021 with the Graduate Program commencing in February, 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:10th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm