Wotton + Kearney (W+K) has one focus – we are known as one of the leading Australian law firms specialising in the insurance industry. Examples of work that we do is acting for insurers in relation to disputes arising from property damage and professional negligence claims.
Wotton + Kearney currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
Wotton + Kearney (W+K) has one focus – we are known as one of the leading Australian law firms specialising in the insurance industry. Established in Sydney in 2002 we have grown from one office with six lawyers to more than 140 lawyers specialising in insurance across our offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Wellington & Auckland. Examples of work that we do is acting for insurers in relation to disputes arising from property damage and professional negligence claims.
We are passionate about partnering with our industry clients to develop strategies to help mitigate insurance risk, manage claims, improve performance and create value for their businesses.
Our specialist focus makes us the law firm of choice for some of the largest insurers, brokers, private companies and industry participants in Australia and across the world. Our commitment to this industry extends to overseas insurance markets including London, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Wotton + Kearney we’re committed to providing a working environment that is open and collegiate, with minimum hierarchy. Our culture focuses on continuous improvement and teamwork.
Relationships are the cornerstone of our business. Whether it’s the relationships we foster with insurers, or the internal relationships that make our results possible, teamwork is key.
- Excellence differentiates us. From the value we deliver to our clients, to the standards we set for ourselves in service, expertise and integrity. Continuous self-improvement and seeking opportunities to grow and be stretched are mantras we live by.
- Diversity is evident in how we treat each other with respect and value the diversity of our backgrounds, strengths, experience and ideas.
- We only employ people that we believe reflect those values. It might sound obvious but we don’t employ anyone unless we think they’re up to the job. That means you won’t be micro-managed, but instead will be trusted to work independently, relative to your level of experience and the nature of the work you’re doing. There’s always someone on hand if you need help or guidance and there’s no such thing as a stupid question. We believe in equal opportunities.
We pride ourselves on offering genuine opportunities for professional development. We invest in the growth of our people and have developed a number of programs to help everyone realise their full potential. In particular we:
- run internal seminars and workshops, as well as having practice-specific Focus Groups, all of which are designed to help keep our lawyers up to date with the latest developments in the legal and insurance industries.
- pay for employees (not just lawyers) to attend external seminars and conferences (if it’s not a topic we cover ourselves). have an extensive electronic and hard copy library, directly relevant to insurance law, to help with any research tasks.
- invest heavily in innovative technology to help you work smarter, not harder.
- offer lawyers the opportunity to undertake client secondments; an invaluable opportunity to get to know your client better and gain further insight into their business.
- provide financial assistance and study leave for postgraduate study, if it’s going to help you in your role at Wotton + Kearney.
- cover the cost of professional memberships so that you can attend additional seminars and also networking events.
As a professional services firm our people are at the heart of what we do. At Wotton + Kearney we’re dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals, whether as part of our legal or shared services teams. We want you to have a successful career, not just a job.