Our operations in Western Australia have created a downstream processing precinct in the resource rich Pilbara region. We have two facilities, using natural gas as the key input, located in an approved strategic industrial estate established by the Australian and Western Australian governments. The Yara Pilbara Fertilisers plant is one of the largest ammonia production sites in the world and we export ammonia to domestic and global markets from the nearby port of Dampier, which is mainly used in fertilisers to help feed the world. We have taken the ammonia process further downstream with the Yara Pilbara Nitrates Technical Ammonium Nitrate (TAN) plant. A joint venture with Orica, the facility converts ammonia into a material crucial for the mines located throughout the Pilbara. Yara Pilbara and ENGIE will also build a renewable hydrogen plant to produce renewable ammonia. As part of the ARENA Renewable Hydrogen Deployment Funding Round, the Australian government is providing strong support for this project with a A$42.5 million grant. Scheduled for completion in 2023, the facility will be one of the world’s first industrial-scale renewable hydrogen production operations.
Yara Pilbara are seeking motivated Chemical Engineering students who are looking for an exciting opportunity to expand their education with vacation employment over the holiday break. The students we are seeking will share the same values as Yara of; Accountability, Collaboration, Ambition and Curiosity.
Our program will:
- Run from December 2021 to February 2022 (aligned to your university break).
- Allow you to work closely and be supported by your assigned mentor (Yara Process Engineer) and an allocated buddy (Yara Graduate / Employee) for the duration of the program.
- Give you the opportunity to work on 2 projects over the course of 12 weeks. You will develop and deliver a presentation on one of your completed projects to the Yara Pilbara Leadership team.
- Be provided with a vacation student progress review by your mentor over the course of the program.
- Develop your technical and professional skills through a hands-on experience as an engineer working for Yara Pilbara.
Join us at Yara - click “Apply” to submit your application.
- Applicants must be currently completing their pre-ultimate year of studying a Master’s or Honours of Professional Engineering specialising in Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrated employment history
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
- All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and their latest academic results (minimum credit average) as part of the application. Resumes must include 2 business or academic references
- As this position is based in the Karratha, WA, candidates must be willing to relocate to Karratha for the full 12-week duration of the program. Yara Pilbara do not offer any fly-in fly-out arrangements with its employees, the same shall apply for vacation Students.
- Vehicle relocation and furnished accommodation will be provided as part of the vacation position.
- Only applicants with unrestricted work rights in Western Australia will be eligible to apply.
- Applications will be accepted only from students attending a Western Australian University.
We welcome and encourage women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
For more information on Yara International please access www.yara.com.au
What’s On Offer
- Wellness programs
- Culturally diverse workforce with a D&I Ambassador program
- Active Social Club
- Learning and development opportunities
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Lot 564 Village Road, Burrup WA 6713Locations:
Regional Western Australia
- Closing Date:27th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm