As peak season approaches, it's important to make sure that your profile on GradConnection is set up to attract the brightest graduate talent out there. We break it down, section-by-section as to how you can best optimise each element of your profile on our website (including a bonus written exemplar if you stick till the end!)
- 1-2 sentences about your organisation – keep it short, sweet and true to your company’s character
Closed for Applications Message
- Don’t lose out on potential candidates! Include 1-2 sentences directing students as to where they can find out more information about your opportunities – this could be to your other profile tabs or an ‘Expression of Interest’ form.
- How and when was your company founded? What is your core purpose and mission?
- Aside from these basics, specify where grads are placed or how they’re viewed in the company – e.g. “future leaders of the business”
- Include pictures or videos of your office - graduates want to see their new potential workplace!
Why Join Us?
- This is your chance to make a good first impression and hone in on speaking directly to students – what can you offer them once they join?
- Some key motivators could be: training and development, career progression real hands-on projects, a dedicated mentor, flexible work-life balance
- Don’t be afraid to flex any company awards here including our very own AFR’s Top100 Graduate Employers!
- Candidates want all the details about your graduate program offering – subheadings and bullet points are your friend
- Key points to include:
- Length of Graduate Program
- Graduate Program commencement dates
- Nature of the program
- Short description of different program streams available (if applicable) e.g. Sales, Finance, Supply Chain
- Desired skills and attributes of candidates
- Application opening and closing dates – it's good to keep this a rough guideline e.g. Late February as opposed to a concrete date to give leeway in case of deadline extensions
- Again, visual aids are the most eyecatching – include videos or photos of past graduate cohorts
Internships & Clerkships
- Are your Internship Programs a taster of your Graduate Roles? Include:
- Length of Internship Program/Clerkship
- Internship commencement dates
- Streams available
- Potential post-internship opportunities e.g. a reference letter, fast-track to your grad program
- Application opening and closing dates
- Relevant videos or photos
- Here’s your chance to include any additional Scholarships, Cadetships, Events etc. That you offer – follow the same rough structure as the two sections above!
- Keep this clear and concise! Include a list of key steps with short descriptions for each stage from application to offer e.g. 1. Apply Online, 2. Aptitude Testing etc.
- An additional bonus is to convert this into an infographic or flow chart
- You can also include extra application advice such as top tips on how candidates can best prepare themselves!
- Profiles of 3-4 current graduates/interns including:
- First name, degree, role
- Answers to questions such as:
- Why did you choose to work for the company?
- What’s your favourite thing about your role?
- What tips do you have for future applicants?
- Past graduates who now hold a leadership role within the company are also an encouraging option to feature!
- Not sure what questions to ask your current grads? Use our ‘burning questions survey’ here as a template (includes questions about their degree, their position, and their experience)
A Day in the Life
- Feature of one person (2 max.) of an average day in their life working at your company-his is an opportunity to really illustrate what your work culture looks like!
- Potential candidates would love to know things like:
- Opportunities to get morning coffee with the team
- Office layout
- Lunch options (free food is always welcome!)
- Weekly mentoring meetings
- Graduate Cohort social hangs/events (during or after work)
- This is an area that is becoming increasingly pivotal to graduates so don’t be tempted to skimp or copy and paste!
- What initiatives is your company taking to better society or the environment?
- What causes are you passionate about?
- Do you actively encourage your team to take part in activities including volunteering, charity events and energy efficient practices?
Diversity and Inclusion
- Similarly, candidates will be on the lookout to see if your company values align with their own:
- What is your company’s outlook on topics like gender diversity and cultural diversity? Do you have advocate for anti-discrimination and inclusion?
- Do you have a Reconciliation Action Plan?
- This is a great opportunity to include any cute team photos on hand!
Perks & Benefits
- What are the added extras and benefits you can offer? They just might make the difference!
- Consider including:
- Continued learning opportunities
- Free gym or subscription memberships,
- Flexible generous leave packages
- Healthcare Benefits
- Free catering
- Be sure to make use of the option to link your social media pages to your profile
- Ensure you pick out the correct and most relevant disciplines for your company
- Still looking for some extra guidance? Check out our exemplar profile here, which you can adopt to suit your own company!