Welcome to the 3rd post in our 4 part series on creating your first graduate program! Graduate programs are structured, 2-3 year development programs designed to embed recent graduates into an organisation.
- The Value Graduates Can Bring to Your Organisation
- Building your Business Case for Hiring Graduates
- Attracting Graduates to Your Organisation
- Key Considerations When Creating a Graduate Program
A graduate program aims to:
- attract quality applicants, most suitable to the environment
- assess, identify and select the applicants most likely to succeed in a given organisation
- build on the graduates base competence with a structured development program
- provide graduates with real job experience to improve their technical capabilities
- help graduates to realise their potential from career perspective
- expose graduates to a range of facets and roles with in the organisation
- coach and mentor graduates through the early stages of their career
- Building a brand in the graduate marketplace so graduates know you as a graduate employer
- The long term benefits of a graduate program (how it fits in your organisations people/talent strategy)
- Creating and supporting a graduate culture within the organisation and the capability to sustain and manage annual intakes of new graduates
- Graduate starting salaries are approximately $60k plus super depending on industry
- Timing and workforce planning. The majority of graduate employers open applications in Feb/March and make offers by May for an intake in January of the following year
- The commitment to complete a full life cycle – Attraction, Selection and Development
AAGE Industry Statistics
- On average, 81 per cent of graduates who started in 2011 are still with their employer.
- A third of employers operate graduate programs that last two years
- On average, employers receive 1100 applications
- Employers spend $10-15K on online branding and the median spend for print was $8000
- Employers visited 4 careers fairs on average
- The median spend on careers fairs was $7,800, with an extra $4,500 being spent by employers on their own campus events
Want to start targeting graduates in your area? Click here.
Want to talk to the experts about starting your new graduate program? Talk to Fusion Graduate Consultancy.