Be inspired by the power of shared imagination and individuality – your tenacity and fresh insights will help solve the worlds most complex problems and deliver what seems impossible.
Dedicated to sustainable development, we do socially useful work that has meaning. Our global scale and diverse skills mean that through our work, we strengthen the resilience of our communities and places to improve lives.
At Arup, we care about each member’s success, that’s why our early careers programmes blend hands-on experience with technical knowledge and mentoring to give you the best possible launch pad for what will surely be an extraordinary career.
About the opportunity
- Part-time, 30hrs per week – this is a great opportunity for students currently studying to gain industry experience whilst they work towards completing their degree
- Technical development gained working alongside globally recognized HSEQ experts on world-class projects
- Continuous training and development from our Early Careers team, Arup University platform and global skills networks
- Opportunities to participate in social, cultural and educational events with local community and joining member networks such women, emerging professionals, culture or the LGBTQIA+ community
- Hybrid work environment – work from home up-to two days a week due to a flexible, self-organised work schedule
- The independence of Arup as a company allows us to share with all members a part of the profits obtained globally twice a year.
- Possibility of having a professional experience abroad, through our international assignments
The possibilities at Arup
At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective. We explore challenges with curiosity and creativity – using imagination, technology and rigour to deliver remarkable outcomes, safely.
On any given day you could find yourself
- Providing hands on advice and support to successfully set up and mobilize projects and deliver the HSEQ project execution requirements throughout the life of the project.
- Assisting with the implementation of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality, Resilience and Sustainability plans, processes, programs, and tools across Australasia.
- Supporting preventive action management processes and corrective actions, including coordinating local campaigns, and delivering training on HSEQ programs, systems and associated business processes as required.
- Leading assurance verification and control practices to enable stakeholders to better understand operational risk and what can be done- work as planned v work as done.
- Managing investigations associated with project and office related events to focus on learning outcomes for the organisation.
What will I bring?
- Currently working towards or have recently graduated a recognized relevant tertiary or diploma level qualification in HSE, Quality, Risk Management, or a similar area
- ISO 45001, 9001 and/or 14001 lead auditor qualification (or working towards)
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or working towards recognition
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines.
- Full working rights in Australia
Taking your career forward with Arup
A graduate role with Arup offers you many possibilities to shape a better world. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts in a supportive culture where we encourage individuality to thrive. Together we can shape a future with purpose.
- Job type:Part Time Student Jobs
- Disciplines:Compliance, Consulting, Engineering, Environment, Human Resources,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- accepts international
- Closing Date:22nd Dec 2023, 12:59 pm