Legal Analyst - July 2023 Intake
About Ashurst Advance:
Ashurst Advance is the NewLaw division of the firm that works alongside Ashurst's legal experts to solve our clients' business problems through optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and digitally innovative legal service delivery. Our market leading offering has been globally recognised including:
- Band 1 ranking for Law Firm LPO, Alternative Legal Service Providers (Chambers Global, 2021 and 2022), the only Law Firm in Australia to have this ranking
- Most Innovative Firm Headquartered outside Asia-Pacific (Financial Times APAC Innovative Law Awards, 2022)
- Innovation in the Business of Law: New Solutions (Financial Times APAC Innovative Law Awards, 2022)
To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com/innovation/ashurst-advance/
About the role:
Established in 2013, the Legal Analyst team is the core of the Advanced Solutions team of Ashurst Advance, and is dedicated to producing legal work for the firm and clients in the most efficient and economical way possible. You'll be an integral part of a close-knit, inclusive and energised community of colleagues who are looking to form the future of law.
The role will give you great exposure to high quality commercial legal work and provide you the opportunity to apply and develop your skills across a broader range of practice areas, clients and industries than what you would traditionally have access to in a graduate role. Every day is different as you work nationally and globally with other Legal Analysts, lawyers and clients on a range of litigious and transactional matters across a broad range of industries. In particular, Legal Analysts consistently work with their Glasgow based colleagues on the same matters to be able to provide 24 hour support to our clients. Ashurst Advance is a growing and constantly evolving team in the NewLaw space and you'll be encouraged to help us improve and develop our procedures, culture and what we can offer the firm and our clients.
Apart from the legal and commercial skills you will develop in your day to day work you will also be provided support and training from the Legal Analyst Managers and access to the firm's award winning Learning & Development programs. The role also provides a flexible career with the opportunity to move into roles within the Ashurst Advance network including eDiscovery, Legal Project Management, Legal Technology, Legal Analyst Management and possible Legal Associate pathways.
Applications are open from 5 May to 26 May. You will be required to submit a short application including uploading your CV and answering two short answer questions. Substantial information on the Division, role and application/interview process can be found in the job description attached to the role on our careers site.
- LLB or JD in Law (or equivalent law degree). Candidates must have already graduated or completed their degree by July 2023. It is not essential to have completed Practical Legal Training (PLT)
- The role is based in Brisbane so you must either be based in Brisbane or be willing to relocate to the city for the role
- The desire to be at the forefront of NewLaw and develop a range of skills and knowledge across multiple legal disciplines
- Prior work experience functioning successfully in a team
- Experience completing work to a deadline and prioritising effectively
- Strong organisational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- A positive, collaborative and supportive working style
- Confident and professional manner with good written and oral communication
- Adaptable and a flexible approach to working hours when required
Why join Ashurst Advance:
The future of legal services is at the centre of the firm's strategy and we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our objectives and grow our unique offering. By joining us you will be at the forefront of change in the legal industry and part of a team devoted to innovation, global collaboration, diversity, and growth. We also offer award winning Learning & Organisational Development and Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging programs and a range of benefits including, fully subsidised gym membership, discounted health insurance, complimentary health and wellbeing support programs, study support, annual bonuses (in accordance with our bonus scheme), flexible working, and 26 weeks parental leave, to name a few.
If you are looking for a career with a difference and want to be part of a global team working on the broadest range of legal matters then we would love to hear from you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Working Visa, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Jul 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:26th May 2023, 7:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.