Student Career @ BDO
Working for a leading professional service firm like BDO means you will have the opportunity to work with clients across diverse industry sectors. You will be supported and mentored by our experienced Managers and Partners, whilst having access to technical and leadership development programs to support you in your career journey. With access to a global and domestic network of offices, a career with BDO is possible wherever life takes you!
A Career in CFO Advisory
Our CFO Advisory service line is well established and uniquely positioned within the market. We provide a hands-on delivery that focuses on the uplifting and transformation of our clients’ financial management, accounting and finance governance practices and functions.
As part of the CFO Advisory team you'll have the opportunity to be part of a team that consults and advises Boards, CEOs and CFOs with respect to the management and effectiveness of their organisations finance function.
This sees opportunities across a range of different engagements from establishing a new entity’s finance function; implementation and/or improvement to finance systems, developing and improving policies and procedures; developing and execution of financial, management and project reporting.
The CFO Advisory team collaborates with a range of other services within BDO including our IFRS and Corporate Reporting, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Projects and Infrastructure teams, giving you opportunities to see and be involved in a variety of work and on exciting transformative projects.
Our CFO Advisory Undergraduate Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Receive exposure to a large variety of client industries & needs;
- Get hands on experience;
- Receive excellent mentoring and support throughout your career;
- Work alongside a highly experienced and supportive team, and have the opportunity to grow your accounting and consulting skills in a professional services environment
To apply for our 2024 CFO Advisory Undergraduate Program welcomes students that:
- Are in their final year (or have 12-24 months left) of a Business or Commerce degree, majoring in Accounting.
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Are a dynamic team player with an innovative approach to work and life
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development
- Are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident at time of application
- A desire to learn and grow within a firm where exceptional service delivery, collaboration, empathy and integrity are part of our culture and values (ONE, BOLD, HUMAN, HEART and STRIVE)
At BDO we want to ensure you are supported to reach your full potential. As an Undergraduate with BDO you will receive:
- A part-time role within CFO Advisory
- Support to further your professional development via on-the-job training and formal learning programs!
- Paid study leave
- Flexible work options to help you balance work and life
- Regular social activities enabling you to meet and connect with people
- Access to BDO’s wellbeing program which includes a range of activities including daily breakfast, wellbeing classes/activities, discounted gym memberships and healthcare rates, access to our Employee Assistance Program and so much more!
- Access to workplace giving and social responsibility initiatives, including paid volunteering leave
To hear firsthand from our BDO Undergraduates/Graduates please visit our Student Recruitment page here.
- Job type:Part Time Student Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:2nd Dec 2023, 1:59 pm