Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Gain experience working with industry to solve real-world problems while you earn your PhD
- Develop transferable professional skills
- Get access to specialised expertise, equipment and training
The CSIRO Industry PhD Scholarship (iPhD) Program is an industry-focused, applied research scholarship and training program that brings together an industry partner, the university and CSIRO.
You will undertake a co-designed research project that will develop your ability to translate research into commercial outcomes.
You will get real-world experience and access to specialised expertise, equipment and training.
Our graduates develop transferable professional skills and are well positioned to work at the cutting edge of industry focussed research.
The Program includes:
- admission to the university PhD program
- a four-year scholarship package of approx. $46,000 per annum
- a four-year Project Expense and Development package of up to $13,000 per annum
- a three-month internship with your industry partner
- professional development training to enhance your applied research skills
- supervision by CSIRO, the industry partner and the university
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- meet host university PhD admission requirements
- meet university English language requirements
- not have previously completed a PhD
- be able to commence the program in the year of the offer
- enrol as a full-time PhD student
- be prepared to be located at the project location(s) that the host university has approved and, if required, comply with the host university’s external enrolment procedures
Applications will be assessed on:
- Experience relevant to the field of research, including any research experience
- Suitability for the project
- Academic excellence
- Motivation for undertaking an Industry PhD project
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Further information about the CSIRO Industry PhD Program can be found at: www.csiro.au/iphd
How to Apply:
For further information about the CSIRO Industry PhD Program and how to apply, visit our current scholarships website.
This advertisement will remain open until filled. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
- Job type:Scholarships
- Disciplines:Research and Development, Science
- Work rights:Other
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2024, 1:59 pm