SIG is looking for penultimate year students who are interested in why financial markets move the way they do to join our 2023 Buy Side Research Internship Program.
SIG is one of the world’s largest market makers, with a unique approach to trading, technology, and research. While this background puts us at the top of our game, what really makes us successful is our quantitative approach to decision making and the collaboration between our employees.
SIG Buy Side Research Internship Program
Working from our Sydney office, you will partner with our senior Buy Side Research Analysts and traders to assist in identifying trading opportunities in the options and equity markets. You will learn to perform in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will also gain experience in the financial markets by tracking company news and events, assisting with valuation work, or other event-driven projects.
Your Internship experience includes:
- Option theory and option modelling lessons in the classroom.
- Decision making - using game theory, decision science, poker, and other strategy games. It’s true what you’ve heard!
- Real impact - SIG interns work closely with our traders and researchers on a real-world project that directly impacts our trading business.
What we're looking for:
- Curious: You’re excited by a career in the financial markets and the reasons why markets move in the way they do.
- Analytical + Logical: When it comes to decision making, you use clear and sound reasoning. You’re rational and like to use analytical data and financial research skills to come up with sensible solutions.
- Effective Communicators: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with. You enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others – excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must for this role!
- Problem Solvers: You enjoy solving puzzles and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem, with a demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities.
- Penultimate Year Student: Confirmed plan to graduate by December 2024 with a degree in any discipline (most typically Finance and Economics), Distinction average WAM, from an Australian or New Zealand University.
- Online Assessment (Finance knowledge and quantitative skills)
- Phone Interview (Recruiter)
- Case Study (Simulated task based on daily duties)
- Office Interview (Analyst and Trader)
- Job Offer
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Closing Date:3rd Oct 2023, 4:00 am