Are you passionate about research and solving the unsolvable? Have you considered your research options outside of academia?
Explore industry research options at SIG. We’re on the lookout for passionate PhD researchers who are interested in using their rigorous academic research approach to solve challenging problems with real word application, within fast paced financial markets.
What you’ll do
- Over the 10-week program, you’ll apply probability, statistics and mathematical creativity to several impactful trading projects.
- Collaborate with researchers, traders, and technologists to help transform our quantitative modeling into trading opportunities and strategies.
What you’ll learn:
- You join an industry leading training program and be mentored by industry experts on topics including option theory and option modeling in the classroom to help build a foundation for a longer term career
- Cutting edge techniques in machine learning and advanced statistics
- Applications of optimisation and game theory to trading algorithms
What you’ll receive:
- At the end of the program, you could receive a permanent research role post your studies.
- Competitive salary
- Fully-stocked kitchen, including breakfast and daily catered lunch
- Casual dress code
- Authentic social community (basketball team, gaming. socials)
- 360-degree view of Sydney’s Harbors (it really is Sydney’s best office view)
What we're looking for
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights for the duration of the internship.
- PhD researchers in their 2nd year of their PhD program (or Master’s students graduating in 2025) studying in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Exceptional mathematical problem solving skills
- Practical computing and programming skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
Apply -> Maths Assessment -> Recruiter Interview -> Quant Interviews -> Final On-site Interview -> Offer
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2023, 12:59 pm