Are you passionate about maths, puzzles and strategy games? Interested in how you can turn this passion into a career?
SIG Quantitative Trading Internship Program
SIG’s Quantitative Trading Internship offers a unique opportunity to learn about quantitative trading. Working from our Sydney office, our interns will get to experience how our traders use decision science, game theory, and technology to make trading decisions. Our education program combines both classroom and on the ‘trading desk’ training, which provides interns with a deep exposure to trading, so they can decide if it is what they want to pursue as a career. Interns can expect:
- Option theory and option modelling lessons in the classroom.
- Decision making - using game theory, decision science, poker, and other strategy games. It’s true what you’ve heard!
- Mock Trading - to practice what you have learnt.
- Real impact - SIG interns work closely with our traders on a real-world project that directly impacts our trading business.
What we're looking for
- Problem Solvers: You enjoy solving puzzles and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem.
- Numerical + Logical: When it comes to decision making, you use clear and sound reasoning. You’re rational and like to use numbers and data to come up with sensible solutions.
- Communicators: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with. You enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others
- Curious: You’re excited by a career in Trading. You don’t need to have studied Finance (we’ll teach you what you need to know)
- Penultimate Year Student: Confirmed plan to graduate by December 2025 with a STEM or other Quantitative degree, distinction average WAM, from an Australian or New Zealand University
Apply -> Maths Assessment -> Recruiter Interview -> Trader Interview -> Final Interview -> Job offer!
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2023, 12:59 pm