Passionate about financial markets and how news events move stocks? Want a career in finance but not sure where to start?
SIG is hosting Women's Discovery Day to help students graduating in 2024 and 2025 learn about a career in the financial industry. Our Equity Research Analysts are an integral part of our trading team. They provide the research and analysis that inform trading decisions. Our Women's Discovery Day is a unique opportunity to learn about a day in the life of our analysts as well as taking away some top tips on how to prepare for the interview process!
When: Wednesday 28th - Thursday 29th February 2024
Where: SIG office in Barangaroo, Sydney (travel and accommodation covered for interstate participants)
Applications now open! Apply early as applications will close once places are filled.
What to expect on the day
- Learn about SIG: Find out what market makers do, SIG’s approach to markets using decision science and game theory (it’s true what you heard - we love poker and strategy games).
- Day in the life of an Equity Researcher: Learn more about our unique role and what our analysts do daily working on the trading floor.
- Overview of our Equity Research Intern and Graduate programs: We’ll offer some tips on how to be successful in the interview process.
- Trading and Strategy Games:Fun, competitive games that emulate the trading floor.
- Group dinner:Enjoy a dinner on us as you meet some of our SIG employees and gain insight into SIG's culture.
What we're looking for
This opportunity is open to Australian citizens and permanent residents, New Zealand citizens and international student studying at an Australian University, who are planning to graduate in 2024 and 2025. We are looking for students with a keen interest in financial markets and macroeconomics, either already investing (real or paper portfolio) or looking to start. Typically, you will be from a finance, economics, or related discipline. Please complete this short application to be considered for this program.
How to apply
Please upload your resume to apply. Eligible applicants will be invited to complete an online Maths assessment.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Event
- Disciplines:Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:10th Jan 2024, 12:59 pm