Are you passionate about technology/software development? Interested in applying your development skills into trading systems and infrastructure?
SIG is hosting Women Discovery Day for students graduating in 2024 and 2025, providing two days in our office to discover a rewarding career in the most crucial part of the financial industry. Our technologists are tech savvy problem solvers who are committed to innovation.
Our Technology Discovery Day is a unique opportunity to learn about a day in the life of our developers as well as taking away some top tips on how to prepare for the interview process for our current grad roles.
When: Wednesday 28th - Thursday 29th February 2024
Where: SIG office in Barangaroo, Sydney (travel and accommodation covered for interstate participants)
Applications now open! Apply early as applications will close once places are filled.
What to expect on the day
- Learn about SIG: Find out what market makers do, SIG’s approach to markets using decision science and game theory (it’s true what you heard - we love poker and strategy games).
- Day in the life of a Software Developer: Learn how our technologies developing high-performance low-level C++ code for handling the first steps of our market data processes and low latency trading.
- Overview of our Tech Graduate program: We’ll also offer some top tips on how to be successful in the interview process.
- Trading and Strategy Games:Fun, competitive games that emulate working on the trading floor.
- Group Dinner: Enjoy a dinner on us as you meet some of our SIG employees and gain insight into SIG's culture.
What we're looking for
This opportunity is open to Australian citizens and permanent residents, New Zealand citizens and international student studying at an Australian University, who are planning to graduate in 2024 and 2025. We are looking for keen problem solvers who'll apply their strong software development skills in any object-oriented language (we use C++, C# and Python the most) in the world of trading.
How to apply
Please upload your CV. Eligible applicants will be asked to complete this short coding assessment to be considered for this program.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Event
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:10th Jan 2024, 12:59 pm