Lead and teach from day one through the Teach For Australia Leadership Development Program. Push yourself to break the cycle of educational inequity, all while earning your Masters.
As it stands, not every child in Australia has access to the education they deserve: children from the lowest income households are on average three years behind in school. Teach For Australia seeks to break the cycle of educational inequity, to level the playing field for young people across Australia.
As an Associate in our award-winning Leadership Development Program, you’ll teach subject areas directly related to your previous studies – and you’ll become part of a dedicated community committed to tackling educational inequity.
Over two years, you will:
- Teach at a school serving a low socioeconomic community, with full salary and benefits;
- Earn a Master of Teaching (Secondary) (Leading Learning) through ACU on an assisted scholarship;
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentoring to accelerate personal, professional and academic growth.
As a leader in the classroom, you’ll share your passions with young people and act as a role model and mentor. You’ll develop the skills and experience to enable you to lead effectively, with the opportunity to make a tangible positive impact on students, schools and communities – every single day.
Following the program, whether you continue teaching or aspire to a career in business, policy, innovation or elsewhere, Teach For Australia will continue to inspire, connect and empower you to lead change.
- Bachelor’s Degree (all disciplines except Education)
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Hiring from all degrees except Education. Maths, Physics, Engineering, Science, English/Literature and LOTE degree holders are especially encouraged to apply.
Note that we currently place in Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania, South Australia and Northern Territory.
Please note that we close learning areas progressively as we meet demand.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Locations:Darwin, Regional Northern...
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:22nd May 2023, 12:59 pm