- See additional jobs only visible to logged in members
- Allow employers to contact you directly
- Always be informed about when your ideal employers start hiring
Insurance Internship/Vacation Program for Undergraduates
Insurance plays a crucial role when it comes to risk management, getting people and businesses back onto their feet after bad or unwanted situations happen. Internships are a great way for undergraduates to gain skills and experience in a professional business environment with the usual help of a mentor to guide you through the way. There are a number of internship opportunities with many areas you can choose from and in an insurance internship, you can find yourself in areas of marketing, claims, actuary and many more.
With the insurance industry having numerous departments of expertise, there are a number of suggested majors that are eligible including:
- Business and technology
- Business management
- Industrial engineering
- Liberal arts and sciences
- Management engineering
- Management information systems
- Operations and information management
- Rise management and insurance
- Supply chain and operations
Ideal candidates for an internship would include personal skills such as:
- Technical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and motivated
- Communication, collaboration and leadership skills
- Statistical and financial acumen
What to Expect
At an insurance industry, you can expect yourself to intern in the various departments of the industry as it is made up of a number of different areas of expertise depending on what you’re interested in. In an insurance company, an internship in insurance marketing can give undergraduates the opportunity to use their writing and design skills while undergraduates who are interested in law may be interested in insurance claims which gives the opportunity to use investigation and research skills.
When it comes to internships in insurance agencies, undergraduates can expect working in different departments when needed which means a widespread use of skills which you need to accustom yourself to. As an intern, you’ll find yourself working in all kinds of departments in the insurance industry, having different duties based on the department.
A few roles you can find yourself doing an internship in the area of insurance are:
- Business (including commerce, economics, and finance)
- Engineering (including electrical, civil and industrial)
- Customer service
- Management (including life insurance, underwriting, claims, product and project) etc.
In a paid internship, it is not uncommon to have a set schedule and any issues with time off would need to be provided to the hiring manager. Paid internships in insurance companies would often include you to jump around from department to department to provide services, filling insurance marketing jobs or insurance claims jobs as needed. Being responsible, on time and flexible are also key to you being invited back for a full time career in the future. Some companies that you can find yourself interning in may include Allianz, QBE Insurance Australia, Suncorp, IAG and more.
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.